See Vichy’s sights near the campsite
Vichy city and its really quiet area, easy going, with very beautiful gree, spaces, clean air, a completed architectural history. A region that moves, with a very good cuisine, and a name internationally.
Vichy and its springs, boat trip and little train ride
- Migratory fish observatories
- Confectioners 500m from Europe Bridge
- Vichy and its parks, “floral town”
- The Allier rivier has its source in the Margeride at 1503 m in Lozère ; after 420, 7 km, it flows into the Loire, the Bec d’Allier, near Nevers.
- Allier Lake, fitness centre in Bellerive Vichy old town
- Parc du Soleil summer camp for 5-11 year olds
- African and Asian Arts Museum – Opera Museum... In Bellerive 3km from the campsite: indoor heated pool area. Plage des Célestins, right bank in Vichy 2km from the campsite. Treetop adventure on Bellerive Bridge 300m away
3km away: Le Vernet, Les Hurlevents site, amazing views of Allier River
- Cusset 5km away, fortifications, underground tunnels, museums - Charmeil, airport 5km away
- 3km away: one of France’s best horse racing tracks in Bellerive
- Thiers 25km away, famous for its knives - St Pourcain, wine making town 25km away
- Gannat 20km away New 2013: palaeontology exhibition on Auvergne tropical:
- castle and fortress, world folklore
- Gimieaux thermal springs and town of Riom 20km away
- Sioule Valley 35km away – Sioule gorges, canoes/kayaks, climbing, mountain biking, footpaths
- Bestre Valley 35km away Le PAL wildlife and theme park 35km away
- Livradois Nature Park 35km away
- Bourbonnaise Mountain 40km away
- Mills 40km away, Balaine arboretum. Volcano nature park 55km away, Clermont Ferrand, Puy-de-drome, Domes mountains, VULCANIA 60 km away www.vulcania.com. Roman churches and castles: Lapalisse, Bourbon-Busset, Chouvigny, Effiat, Billy, Thoury, Veauce.